The Atonement and Missionary Work 7/14/14

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hi family!

Bueno, this week was great!


Monday- we had a Noche de Hogar with Orlando to teach him about the temple to start his Family History work. Pres Vasquez has a big focus on fam history work and it makes me very happy because I became obsessed with it right before I left for the mission and I havent been able to do it much here. But we have lots of plans to work with it in wards and im pumped!
By the way, President asked us to ask our families to send us pictures of our geneology and the info of them from the My Family pamphlet. Case, if you wanted to you could fill a My Family pamphlet for me and send that in the package? Thank you!

Tuesday- Well, we had an extremely powerful lesson with a part member family and the high council president this night. Hno Guillen talks like an apostle! I literally felt like I was in the presence of an apostle. I dont know, it was just the way he testified. And he has crazy life experiences! So that was cool.

Wednesday- visited an antiguo investigador and her family and they said they have felt terrible without our visit. Its interesting to see how people notice the lack of Spirit without the gospel teachings in their home. Needless to say, they are much more willing to keep commitments (the reason why we left them beforehand)

Thursday- we started a BOM study group with Hno Burgos who is just a scriptorian to the max and so Im looking a bunch! I look forward to the class more than anyone I think. Reading the Book of Mormon just never gets tiring now. I am going to read it every day for the rest of my life!

Friday- We had an awesome zone conference with the focus on working with members. Im so proud of my members here! They are so awesome at helping us and investigators in the work. I have NOTHING to complain about with them and I never want to leave this place. Refineria is my home.

Saturday- It was a crazy day just running around! We had a delicious breakfast with the Ortiz family and then ran to our area to have some lessons than ran to the church to do Orlandos interview (passed with flying colors!) and ran back to teach more and back to go to a baptism and then back to do a NDH. It was a full day! 

Sunday- A beautiful and peaceful day. We had the best sacrament attendance so far this year, lots of investigators and less actives in the sacrament meeting, and an awesome Ward Council. Did I mention that I love this ward?
Pres Vasquez gave us a challenge to focus on the Atonement this week. I loved this challenge. It helped me look at people more through Gods eyes and I felt I was testifying about Gods love more in the lessons which really brought the Spirit. It was wonderful!I love this scripture about the Atonement, I always have. This week, I tried to focus on verse 8- how important to make these things known to everyone I come in contact with! It brought great experiences, like finding more families, teaching on buses, and working more with members. I want everyone to have the opportunity to know this gospel! I have felt a great desire to to teach our dueƱo and his family the Restoration and last night we did! His wife was only there but she accepted an invitation to learn more and come to church on Sunday!

 
6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.

7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.

8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROjuz9GSYUI

Well, have a great week!

Les quiero!

Hermana Infanzon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Nicki Infanzon All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger