Week 22

Monday, October 14, 2013

HOOOLAAAA
Como estan todos (how is everyone)? And how is the weather there? I hope you're enjoying gorgeous Autumn. It's hecka hot here right now! I'm quemando (burning). So we're going to the President's house today to have a water fight cuz my zone had the most exito (success) this month! Holla back!

We taught E this week. She's the daughter of an investigator we have been visiting. She said that when we come and pray for her and her family she feels a strength and love that she had never felt before. She said that she can feel our sincerity to help her and her family with their difficulties and she is excited for us to come back and share some more!
We also have S who's going to be baptized in a couple weeks! She's dating a member in our ward, K, who wants to marry her in the temple. They are really sweet together and she has a great desire to be baptized! (not just for him, don't worry haha) She prays and reads so much to have the Spirit, because she says she loves the Spirit that the members of the church have. Her family is really Catholic and don't want her to be baptized, but she said she wants to change her life and become a member, so please pray for her that her family will accept her desire!
The G family is so great! The husband is an English professor and loves reading the Book of Mormon in English. They went to General Conference and were really impressed with the prophet! They are very interested to learn more so were going to them tonight to have a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with the C Family.

So we have changes this week! On Wednesday. I feel anxious as cambios
(transfers) arrive, I don't know if my time in Las Arboledas is done or not, but I completely trust the will of God and I'm excited to see what more He has in store for me and the members I am going to work with. I am very grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with a great first area and Latter-day Saints who are going to be my examples for life. I feel a conviction more than ever to work with the members, I know we are fulfilling our purpose as servants of the Lord when we serve side by side with the Saints. 

Yesterday I had an amazing experience with our mission fast. We all fasted yesterday for the member missionary work here. I had never felt so much power in fasting before, but this time was different. Miraculously, I didn't have any hunger pains haha. I believe the first difference was that when we started the fast, we really tried to pray with fervency to receive the help from the Lord that we wanted to find new ways to work with members and involve them more. The other difference was that after we prayed for revelation, we looked. We searched, we talked and discussed. We put our faith to action, not just waited for the revelation to come. And as we talked about our members, a thought popped into my head. It was so sudden I knew it hadn't come from me. At first I didn't feel too sure if the idea would work, but I went with it and as I did, a flood of ideas came into my head. The more I planned, the more sure I felt that this was an inspired thought. Personal revelation truly does come when we put faith to action.
This week I encourage you all to put your faith in your prayers and see the miracles that follow!

Con amor, 
Hermana Infanzon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Nicki Infanzon All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger