Week 14

Monday, August 19, 2013

Oh hombre (man), I am sorry sorry sorry that I didn't have time to write last week! I was a little preoccupied staring at the mountain of photos of my new little nephew and crying over them for my whole hour of writing time...woops. I'd still rather be looking at all the photos this week but I know I have to write.

and PUCHIKA (dang) I have alot to write about!

We have been working with families this week! It's amazing to teach families, because our message is really directed towards them. Of course it's for everyone, but I feel like I'm fulfilling my calling so much more when I teach a family. 

So this week we went to visit W and C. We had been teaching them the lessons in order but every visit they seemed less and less interested. Our last lesson with them I felt prompted to ask W what he expected out of our visits. and he said to us, to be honest I don't really care right now if Joseph Smith was a true prophet or if the Book of Mormon is true, my marriage is falling apart and we need help. Huelaaa (aw man) we did not expect that response! C started to cry and said she'd been praying for her marriage because they don't have any love between them or respect and don't pray. We shared our testimonies of how the Gospel blesses families and the importance of each principle. We had a noche de hogar (FHE or Family Home Evening) with them and the N family. Aw man, the N family is PILA (firm) in the Gospel- C and X gave a lesson on eternal marriages and families it helped W and C a lot and they came to church yesterday!

We had 8 investigators in sacrament meeting. Wow, what a blessing it was! My only worry is that A and X didn't show up. They are my favorite couple in the world and I want more than anything for them to be sealed in the temple together but X doesnt want to marry A and they're not keeping the commitments we give them so we might have to let them go. It makes me really sad and I'm trying everything to help them understand the importance of making covenants. we're going to visit them this week, wish us luck that everything progresses with them.

But oh man, the G family is doing great! J and K are so positive! And the coolest thing happened. We hadn't seen them in a week and we went to visit them and luckily they were there. K told us that she had a dream of us and we were like oh cool, what were we doing? And she started to explain us all sitting in white chairs with white walls, flowers, clothing, everything white. she said that we were all very happy and that everyone was welcoming her in. My heart dropped when she told us that! We told her that she had a dream of the temple and we explained to them what the temple meant to us and what we did there. It was so amazing! I've heard stories like this but never experienced something like that. 

The mission is full of amazing experiences. I feel so lucky to be here. Anyway, another week in Las Arboledas, the best ward in the zone! We have cambios (transfers) Sept 4 already, I hope I'm not transferred! But I have complete faith that the Lord knows what is best. When we put our faith in Him, anything is possible! I truly believe that with all my heart. 


Love you all! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Infanzon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sister Nicki Infanzon All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger